Friday 27 April 2012

The Birthday

I can't believe I haven't blogged in 10 days. All the work and college and laziness is getting to me, and it means that blogging frequency has, sadly, reduced. Anyway, if you couldn't tell by the title, today is my birthday (great day to do the blogging thing again). Now I'm not very big on birthdays, as in all honesty it's just another day to me. I don't know why some people decide "Oh I'm 18 now, I'm all mature blah" I mean really, maturity is a state of mind. After all I'm 18 and I have the mind of a 10 year old. YOLO. I find it particularly annoying when someone asks me what I want, as I usually don't want anything anyway, but of course because of Arab genetics my automatic response to that question is money. And barrels of oil.


The day started off with me being woken up at 12 AM as my friend was calling me. I was asleep at the time, and usually when I wake up I am quite blind, so I immediately hung up thinking it was an alarm. I feel rather bad about it now though, but hey, I need my beauty sleep. So of course, after all that confusion, I returned to sleep...


Later during the day, I was on the train heading to college and Randy got on (this rarely happens, so we spent several seconds in silence cherishing the moment), and we started talking about how we need to get down because it's Friday. You know about that Rebecca Black song. Anyway, we got to college and went our separate ways after meeting Chris, who looked like a spare member of One Direction today, as I headed to chemistry while the black man went to maths.


Chemistry was...interesting. I went in with Chris while were talking about ANALysing and ANALogies. Chris has literally corrupted me so much, and the worst thing is he has that effect on everyone. I remember the times when Randy wasn't so sexually frustrated, but then Chris came (lolol) into the picture and now Randy is just, well, randy. So back to chemistry, Jasmine kept talking to me about how I'm 18 and asked me if I feel any different. While talking about all of this, I actually did chemistry work because I need to learn it. I actually got something right too, woooo!


After chemistry me Fraz and Chris were talking about World of Warcraft (inb4 nerds) when Graham came along and just inserted himself into the conversation. After about 10 minutes, Chris realised he had biology and so he ran upstairs, but returned a few seconds later because he was scared that his teacher would own him in front of the class for being late. What a noob eh? After that shebang me, Fraz and Randy decided to walk Graham to the bus stop as he didn't want to be alone, and on the way there we were talking about proteinz and aesthetics. I swear when you put me, Fraz and Graham within the same area a conversation about aesthetics will always ensue.


We left Graham as he got on his bus, and Randy went to the upper refectory while me and Fraz kept talking about life. Then Fraz's mandem arrived so I left to find the black guy, who gave me the best birthday card ever. I love you too Randy. <3 No homo ofc... Strangely enough it was also the only birthday card I got. I mean I know people hate me, but geez I didn't think it was that bad. :(


Maths was next up on the list, and it was possibly the strangest maths lesson I've had to date, and I've had some pretty strange experiences. The big black man almost gave me beats, but I convinced him otherwise because we're homies. It's good being black. Either way, my birthday was made public during maths thanks to the D-man, who said that when it's a students birthday balloons appear next to their name on the register. He then showed the whole class, who started to sing happy birthday in the most unenthusiastic tone you'll ever hear. It was so embarrassing, I literally wanted to curl up into a ball and hide under the table. I appreciate the sentiment though, so thanks guys. <3


After maths, I was with Randy who kept obsessing about some girl in the year below us who was standing at the end of the atrium. I was scared, both for the girl and Randy's mental health. She then proceeded to leave with some people, and Randy *conveniently* decided that this was an opportune time to go home. So we walked about a cars length behind them, and gave the girl the codename of Lisa, which was inspired by this picture:
We got to the station, which "Lisa" also conveniently was headed to, and Randy wanted to get on the same carriage, but I said no no no. So that was the end of real life stalking, although Randy was telling me about this one time he followed someone to their station. What a stalker.

We departed the train at my station and proceeded to go to my house, where Randy decided to stalk the girl on facebook, and actually found her. Funny what a black guy can do with a first name and the internet. Of course at this point I should mention that Randy doesn't come to my house to visit me, it's because he loves my mum's cooking. *Sigh*

TV shows were needed to be watched, so first off Randy made me watch the first episode of Grey's Anatomy, which I must say looks quite good. Then we watched House, which was awesome as usual, and then I watched Dexter, as Randy fell asleep because he's just not on my level. Poor guy got woken up by my brothers who are absolutely relentless, and they almost suffocated him with the cushion he so loves.

So after a lot of banter, where I think my mum threatened to kill someone, Randy went home, and that was the end of an eventful day. Huzzzah! I do however have one little story to share with you. About a year and a half ago, my mum made cake for my brother's birthday, which was the next day, and put it in the fridge. Everyone then went to sleep because they're all noobs, but I of course stayed up. As we all do, I got hungry so I ventured down to find some food, and to my surprise and utter delight I found a massive cake in the middle of the fridge, so I got a fork and took the plate. I ended up eating three quarters of the cake, and then I went to sleep. The next day I woke up and my mum told me that it was my brother's birthday, which I actually didn't know. So she went to get the cake and surprise, most of it had magically disappeared. I told her you can't just leave cake lying around like that, and then ran away.

This blog post took me ages to write, so I hope you enjoyed it. Bai bai. ^__^

1 comment:

  1. You idiot for eating your brother's cake LOL. Btw got on here to find out why the hell you lot named her Lisa. You jokers! Also racist Asian humour, my fave :D

    ReplyDelete